State Bills that will affect your favorite farmers and businesses this session:
8 bills that COULD NEGATIVELY impact our Farmers and their ability to bring us fresh local food and protect our environment!
3 bills that directly affect Cottage Food and Prepared Food Vendors.
How can you help?
Call and talk to your local representatives in your county! Ask to talk to staff handling your potential bill. Keep to 3 minutes or less.
Buy local and support our Regenerative Farmers who are working hard to protect our soil and our food systems.
- ADVOCATING: NO to the USDA trying to force small meat farmers to electronically register and I.D. animals.
- ADVOCATING: FOR Regenerative Farming including wetlands, waste and groundwater. THIS IS HUGE!
- ADVOCATING: NO for Crop insurance changes. Hurts small farmers the most and offers no advantages.
- ADVOCATING: FOR Meat Processing changes making it easier for small farmers to process meat.
- ADVOCATING: FOR Cottage Food businesses to remove/increase the $50,000 limit they can make a year.
- ADVOCATING: FOR Cottage Food businesses to be able to ship products.
TFM will be going to Austin with FARFA to advocate for these bills but we need your help and the help of the community!
Tomball Farmers Market
~Amanda Kelly, Market Manager