This Texas Heat Has Been Tough on
Our Local Farmers and Ranchers
Here are some specific examples of how the heat has affected farmers in Houston:
- Corn crops have been particularly hard hit by the heat, with some farmers reporting losses of up to 50%.
- Cotton crops have also been damaged by the heat, with some farmers reporting that their yields are down by 20%.
- Livestock have been struggling to cope with the heat, with some farmers reporting that they have lost up to 10% of their animals.
- Farmers have had to spend more money on irrigation and cooling systems in order to keep their crops and livestock alive.
- Some farmers have had to abandon their farms altogether due to the heat.
We can't wait to serve you this Saturday from 9 to 1.
Tomball Farmers Market
~Amanda Kelly, Market Manager